Wednesday, May 2, 2007

About Me - PJ

I am a fourth semester nursing student here at BYU. This program that carries a great deal of personal significance to me. In October, 2002 I returned home having completed a LDS mission to Argentina. During my two-year service as a missionary I experienced firsthand the difficulties brought upon the people as a result of severe financial crisis. The economy in Argentina at the time declined rapidly, the resulting poverty was truly heart-wrenching to behold. As missionaries there was little that we could do to relieve the physical hunger experienced by overwhelming number of persons in poverty. I am excited to be returning to Argentina this Spring with the College of Nursing to perform services that were previously unavailable to me as a missionary. -PM

No comments: